1. "Content" means all types of information including text, software, sound recordings, photographs, graphics, video, databases or any other copyright compilations comprised in or appearing on the Site.
2. "Services" refers to any type of Service, including but not limited to information services, bulletins or communications facilities either directly or indirectly provided through the Site.
3. "Site" means our website, "PublicAffairsNews.com" and each and all of the Services from time to time available through that website;
4. "Third Party Sites" refers to any third party website that either provides or on sells services from our Site, or who is referred or linked to from within our Site.
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
USE OF THIS SITE
8. Excluding subscription services, you may only use this site and its Content for your own personal use. You must not download, print, distribute or otherwise deal with Content in a systematic or regular manner in a way that would breach the intellectual property rights of DPC in any way.
9. See cl. 15 for limitation of use imposed on PublicAffairsNews.com or Dods Monitoring users.
10. We reserve the right in our sole discretion to deny users access to our site or any part of our site without notice and to intellectual property rights in the Content, or that you have obtained express permission from the holder of such rights to do so and hereby agree to indemnify us in respect of any breach of the warranty given in this clause.
SUBMISSIONS TO THE SITE
11. You acknowledge and agree that:
11.1. DPC have the right to edit, reject or remove any Content you provide for the Site.
11.2. By providing Content to the Site, you grant DPC an exclusive license to deal with that Content in any way.
12. You warrant that you are the owner of any and all content you submit, and will not in any way breach our intellectual property rights in the Content unless authorised in writing by DPC.
13. This agreement is effective until terminated by removal of the Site from the Internet.
OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THE SITE
14. Any statements and opinions expressed on the Site are those of the author and do not reflect the opinions of DPC.
THIRD PARTY SITES
15. You agree that DPC provides no warranty, and accept no responsibility or liability arising directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss resulting from your use of, or reliance on, any Content or services available on or through any Third Party Sites.
16. All Content related services provided to you from, or in relation to this website are exclusive to you as an PublicAffairsNews.com subscriber. You may not copy or redistribute the material without permission. We may decline to provide the service to any user that is in breach of these terms and conditions of use.
EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
17. PublicAffairsNews.com is providing this site on an ‘as is’ basis and makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to this site or its contents and disclaims all such representations and warranties. In addition, PublicAffairsNews.com makes no representations or warranties about the accuracy, completeness, or suitability for any purpose of the information and related graphics published in this site. The information contained in this site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. All liability of PublicAffairsNews.com howsoever allowing for any such inaccuracies or errors is expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
18. Neither PublicAffairsNews.com nor any of its directors, employees or other representatives will be liable for loss or damage arising out of or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties.
19. Notwithstanding the foregoing, none of the exclusions and limitations in the clause are intended to limit any rights you may have as a consumer under local law or other statutory rights which may not be excluded nor in any way to exclude or limit PublicAffairsNews.com liability to you for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our employees or agents.
20. These terms and conditions (and any dispute, controversy, proceedings or claim of whatever nature arising out of or in any way relating to them or their formation) shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law and, for these purposes, the parties irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of English courts.
The information we collect and how we use it.
22. When you register for any of our services we need to know certain details about you, for example but not limited to, your name, address, contact details, interests and business particulars.
23. We gather this information to allow us to process your registration or orders you may make. The relevant information is then used by us, our agents and sub-contractors to provide you with our services and to communicate with you on any matter relating to the conduct of your account or the provision of our services.
24. We may also use aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring usage in order to help us develop the services, and we may provide such aggregate information to third parties. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify any individual.
25. From time to time we may provide your information to our customer services agencies for research and analysis purposes so that we can monitor and improve the services we provide to you, We or our agents and sub-contractors may contact you to ask for your feedback and comments on our services.
26. DPC and associated entities may also wish to provide you with information about special features to do with our services or products we think may be of interest to you. If you would rather not receive this information please either send an email message to subs@PublicAffairsNews.com, stating that you do not wish to be contacted for non essential communications, or use the Opt Out option when registering for any of our services.
27. We may also want to provide you with related information from third parties we think may be of interest to you. If you would rather not receive this information please either send an email message to subs@PublicAffairsNews.com, stating your contact details and that you do not wish to be contacted for non essential communications, or use the Opt Out option when registering for any of our services.
28. We may also provide your information to carefully selected third parties whose products or services we believe may be of interest to you. If you do not wish us to disclose your information in this way please either send an email message to subs@PublicAffairsNews.com, stating that you do not wish to be contacted for non essential communications, or use the Opt Out option when registering for any of our services.
How we protect your information
29. We do not provide an absolute guarantee of security for your registration details, however where possible we store all registration details in a secure environment.
Sale of business.
30. If this business is sold or integrated with another business your details may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchasers and their advisers and will be passed on to the new owners of the business.
Updating your details
31. If any of the information that you have provided to us changes, or if you wish to cancel your registration please email subs@PublicAffairsNews.com stating your name, contact details and what action you want taken.
33. Owing to the global nature of the Internet infrastructure, the information you provide may be transferred in transit to countries outside the European Economic Area that do not have similar protections in place regarding your data and its use as set out in this policy. However, we have taken the steps outlined above to try to improve the security of your information. By submitting your information you consent to these transfers.